Thursday, August 21, 2008

suddenly pictures:
so many adventures, sojourn with clara, she holds the camera, ha,



landing 615, little stop, girls gone wild:




and matt and matt who taught us how to use our radio:

and then waupeton and its kindly folk:




and their dogs who couldn't stay long:

and the tow from a kayaker:





the fog that almost ate us:

the paddlewheel that almost made it to the bottom of the river again:



the lock we eventually made it through:




and here's how we came into dubuque:




and the people were there, they were good:



and we parked by hawk's lillybelle:


and so it was and there we said goodbye to clara, tiny airport and hugs.
it was a beautiful thing to have her,
and lovely thanks for the photos, good eye:

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey, I got my picture taken too. Thanks to Clara. I have been checking here daily to see where ARE YOU? My daughter caught a glimpse of you at Bellevue on her way home to Clinton on Friday. I looked for you on Sunday as I drove to Clinton as well. No sightings...Now you are in Davenport. Yay for you! I have prepared a short article to submit to a couple of magazines about your adventure. I am on an adventure too, it seems. You are in Quad Cities for a few weeks? Assuming you have friends there, have a good time. Rebecca Cate